Monday, March 12, 2007

SONIC PODCAST: "Is This Thing On"? (Episode 0)

Well, I've officially finished my first podcast. We'll call it a TESTcast, perhaps. I might just quit the speaking part altogether. Do you HAVE to talk in podcasts, or can I just make little mixed tapes all the time? The talking freaked me out.

Ten somewhat annoying things to note before I put it out there:
1) I forgot to tell you the actual name of the live BSS track. It's listed below.
2) I'm sure that I pronounced "Will Hoge" incorrectly.
3) It almost sounds like I say "Serge SamPson", when in fact I said "Samson" (no p - I hear he hates that).
4) I called The Acorn just "Acorn".
5) You can hear how badly I edited out some words (it was mostly me saying "uhhhhhhhhh" because I didn't know what to say next).
6) And WHAT is up with all of that AIR!? Really sorry about that.
7) I usually do much better with sequencing, but having to talk to my computer screen in a dark room (my computer room is actually storage closet) through a microphone fucked me up.
8) The speaking volume is really low. but that's ok, right?
9) The intro is lame. It's harder than I thought to get the ball rolling.
10) All of the above should be forgiven since I litterally learned as I went along. I had no help whatsoever from anyone (barring the dude who wrote the website that I used as a mentor), so let's hold back on the bitching about any of the above mentioned issues for now, ok? ;)

Ten GOOD things to note about this podcast:
1) Jenn Grant - Dreamer
2) Wintersleep - Listen [Listen, Listen] live on CJLO's "Hooked on Sonics"
3) Dan Griffin - She's a Drug
4) The Guthries - Season to Leave
5) Jim Guthrie - Nighttime, Anytime (It's Alright) (Constantines cover)
6) The Two Minute Miracles - Stall Tactics
7) Broken Social Scene - Major Label Debut (Live on KCRW)
8) Great Lake Swimmers - Your Rocky Spine
9) The Acorn - Darcy
10) Snailhouse - Daylight

I was going to keep it Untitled for now, but "Is This Thing On?" seemed to fit so well by the end of the experience, that I ended up naming it as such. If someone else is using that name let me know and I will cease and decist. And now... here it is: Is This Thing On? - Episode 0. (click to stream or right click and "save as" to download).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I blame Greatorex for omissions, errors or any and all screw-ups. Well done Janesta!

JP