Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Singles and Loving It

Sometimes I forget how much I loved music back in the early 90s. I was part of the grunge generation, and I'm not ashamed to say it. The me that you know today was formerly that 13 year old girl who wore babydoll dresses and doc martins and had an intense hatred for anything and everything unrelated to Pearl Jam, Nirvana or Soundgarden.

Although I feel that my musical tastes are more diverse and perhaps even more refined, I still have an insane and intense love for one specific musical artifact of that period. The Singles soundtrack simply rocks my world. The movie, not so much...eventhough I studied every scene Pearl Jam and Chris Cornell appeared in like it was a picasso painting...and yes I still own it... but what I am trying to say is that this soundtrack is still awesome. Jimi Hendrix, Paul Westerberg, Mudhoney, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden when they were awesome, etc. What more could you want? I know what else you might want... videos!

Track 1 - Alice in Chains - Would?


Track 3 - Chris Cornell - Seasons



Track 4 - Paul Westerberg - Dyslexic Heart


Track 7 - Soundgarden - Birth Ritual



Track 12 - Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You

No comments: