Thursday, March 06, 2008

Appreciation Post: Boxer The Horse

This is a new type of appreciation post for me... usually I wax poetic about records or artists that i've been listening to in high rotation for at least 3 years or more. But today, I will tell you of a band, about whom i know nothing - not even if they HAVE a record. All i know is that they are a band from PEI and that they have 4 GREAT songs on their myspace that upon first and second listen remind me all at once of: Cuff the Duke, Pavement, Shotgun Jimmie, Violent Femmes with a little bit of blur / uk indie pop thrown in on the song "Boneyard". You might totally disagree, and that is more than fine with me... (i'm not a real music critic), but take a listen... just to be sure.... www.myspace.com/boxerthehorse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for your kindness!
did you get a chance to listen to the record we sent you?

-boxer