Thursday, January 24, 2008

APPRECIATION POST: Baby I'm Bored


Pitchfork might have given it a 3.6 in its 2003 review of Evan Dando's solo effort, Baby I'm Bored... but, really, what the hell do they know?
This is one of the records in my collection that I overplay every once in a while, then shelf for a couple of months. However, when I get back into it, I get WAY back into it. It's sweet and sour - about love and loss and life. It's simple and pretty with lots of tambourines-meet-90s-guitar-distortion and laid back vocals, and I highly recommend that you spend a little time with it while we wait for spring...

1 comment:

Rob said...

I love those albums that you forget about, then find again and play them to death. it's like a surprise birthday when it happens.
anyway, i was just checking out the blog. now that i have found it, i will come back often.
i am a family man now, but at heart i wish i was rockin the indie scene.