Thursday, November 08, 2007

MM&ET Photos / Dan Griffin is Coming!


If you've been reading this blog for more than a few weeks, or if you know me at all, then you've heard about Dan Griffin. I gush about this kid as much as I gush to people about David Myles, the new Wintersleep record, Mike O'Neil and / or Snailhouse (which, put together equals a hell of a lot of gushing these days). Well, i'm happy... nay, ecstatic, to report that Dan will be IN HALIFAX NEXT WEEK! He's at Tribeca on Wed., November 14 and at the Seahorse on Sat., Novemeber 17th for Shotgun Jimmie's CD release show. I've been waiting to see him play live for a year, and am litterally counting down the days, so I thought it best that I let you know he's on his way.

There are a few other dates around the Maritimes, which you can find on the Dan Griffin myspace page, along with songs. go now. you might also want to check out Shotgun Jimmie (site also contains a receipe for Blueberry pancakes), and The Superfantastics while you're at it.

In other news, I just got some cool pics of the Matt Mays & El Torpedo show at Cunard Centre from a few weeks ago (Halifax Pop Explosion weekend). Thank you Chris Smith of funkfactor.com! More photos from the weekend can be found on his website.


No comments: