Friday, October 19, 2007

Pop Goes Halifax

Halifax Pop Explosion has returned and is now in full swing. Although I hadn't planned on running from place to place chasing bands around the town, I found myself doing just that last night (Meet and drink at Tribeca, Shotgun Jimmie at Gingers and Small Sins in Hell) and suddenly have plans lined up for the rest of the weekend which include Matt Mays & El Torpedo tonight at the Cunard Centre, The Two Minute Miracles at The Attic and Bob Mersereau's book party tomorrow at Tribeca. Eric's Trip is also in town. As is Tom Fun Orchestra. And the fantabulous David Myles is playing at St. Matt's church with Joel Plaskett. It's going to be a busy weekend which is kind of a scary thought considering I'm already tired and half hungover from night 1. In honour of (and to gear up for) night #2, I've found some goodies to share...

- Matty Mays' "top 5 things to do in Halifax" on the CBC Radio 3 site.
- The Two Minute Miracles songs! I recommend listening to "Stall Tactics" on this site or on one of my podcasts.

Also, in honour of my "The Clapper" T-shirt I purchased last night: The Clapper, The Video

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Janesta,

I just went to this post from a Plaskett Google alert, hahaha. I blame Greatorex too!!

Campbell