Friday, October 26, 2007

Let's Get Baked / News

While searching for the "Welcome to the night pie" episode of the indie radio show "Let's Get Baked With Matt and Dave"; and thought about what news updates I should blog about on this long birthday weekend (yeah, I stretch it out over 4 whole days, so what? I'm allowed... it's my birthday). In the end, I decided to run artist news and include a link to their individual LGBWMAD episodes for your perusal. This show has had everyone on from Alicia Silverstone to Buck 65, Joel Plaskett, The Golden Dogs, Holy Fuck, Camouflage Nights, Ok Go and so on. Good music and good receipes by some favourite local / Canadian (and beyond) artists. What else do you want!?

Wintersleep is out on the road, starting the western leg of their tour in support of Welcome To The Night Sky (now you get it, right? sky... pie...). They're in Edmonton on Sunday, Oct. 28 (ahem...BIRTHDAY!), and will be out until the show in Halifax on November 24th at the Cunard Centre. Can't wait for them to come home. Not only for the show, but with all of them out at once, 50% of my birthday party party is absent. I will make them celebrate again. All dates and complete ticket information is up at http://www.wintersleep.com/.

Matty Mays: (Tamale Pie)
Matt Mays & El Torpedo has left the continent... The guys are currently in the UK working on new songs the producer responsible for The Tragically Hip's Fully Completely record. He also worked with Ozzy and Judas Preist. bam.

David Myles: (David Myles' Mega Chocolate Cheesecake)

David has a show tonight at Ginger's. He's so great. And funny. I'm listening this episode right now. I just learned a little about tubers. mmmmmmm... .tubers.


Mike Oneill: (Nanaimo Bars With Mike Oneill)

I don't have any news about Mike O. I was just really excited to find this episode. HUGE fan right here. HUGE. If you know me, you already know this, but it's always worth reiterating.

No comments: