Thursday, January 15, 2009

Appreciation Post: Bruce Peninsula

Matt Charlton sent me a message that said "hey JB, have you heard Bruce Peninsula? i think you'd really like it". God love Matt. I DO really like it. It's quickly become my winter record. If you like gospel-folk-indie-rock-choral stuff or something that sounds like fleet foxes meets tom waits with a little bit of wooden stars thrown in on "Steamroller"( I know that's a lot to take in...), then you should like it too. I'm not usually that great at giving the perfect description, but I am pretty good at recommending stuff that i like. and i like this. more and more with each listen, actually.


Let's put it this way: I walked to work this morning bundled up as if i lived in Alaska in the Winter. it was -20 or something with the windchill. Now, I HATE, nay, DESPISE the cold. So for the walk, I knew I had to choose an album on my ipod that i'd not feel the need to change half way through my trek (because the thought of taking off my mitts was terrifying), so I chose A Mountain is a Mouth. 2 minutes and 55 seconds in to the first song, "inside outside", I was walking gleefully along as if it was +20 degrees. When I arrived at my desk, my feet were frozen... but my ears were pleased.

LISTEN


No comments: