Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Soup and New Stuff


I was all set to "appreciation post" about my love for Blind Melon's Soup (It's easily one of my favourite albums of the mid-late nineties... i don't care what you say Mike G...) - but I got completely distracted by Nick Rose. You see, Danny G (that's 'Dan Griffin' for those of you who don't speak in JB uber fan language)'s touring drummer stopped in today. While talking music, he suggested that I check out Rose on Myspace. And I did. And I love it. Pretty folk/country/indie niceness. If you like Paul Simon, Blue Rodeo, pedal steel... you should really take a spin through the 4 songs on myspace. Thank you Rich Knox (who I see also plays in the band... how sneaky ;) ).

And also... listen to Soup.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not know if anyone who is into Blind Melon can truly appreciate The Replacements.

JB said...

Eat it!